It was built at various times between 1300 and 1500. It first hosted the Benedictine monks and, later, the Franciscans fathers (from 1324 to 1330) that stayed there until the end of the XIX century. The inside of the church is a nave with lateral chapels built in different times by the noble families of the town. The chapel entitled to the dead, was decorated by Gina Baldracchini of Perugia in 1938. In 1904, the church was used to host the soldiers and in 1919 to store explosives while, in 1920, it ran the risk of being destroied. It was reworked and opened again in 1927. The Franciscans fathers took again possession of the church in 1935, and of the cloister in 1937.